International Society of Automation News Release
Contact: Jennifer Infantino Halsey
ISA Power Industry Division (POWID) Symposium features acclaimed keynote speakers, an extensive technical program, training opportunities and more
Register today to attend this premier technical industry event
Research Triangle Park, North Carolina USA (27 March 2018) - Leading process industry and power-generation experts-including three eminent keynote speakers-will address the pressing issues and challenges in automation facing the energy industry at ISA's Power Industry Division (POWID) Symposium, 26-28 June 2018 in Knoxville, Tennessee.
Attendees will be able to:
- Discover what's new on the regulatory front and in automation and control systems, instrumentation, cybersecurity and emerging technologies across all variable energy sources, including: fossil fuel, nuclear and renewable energy.
- Meet face to face with the leading authorities and thought leaders at the pulse of change in the energy industry and gain the essential insights and perspectives needed to stay ahead in the rapidly evolving energy marketplace.
- Explore an exhibitor showcase featuring the latest in energy-related products and services; and enjoy networking luncheons and receptions-ideal for meeting new clients/customers and reconnecting with current colleagues.
In addition, ISA is offering the opportunity to take advantage of world-class ISA technical training on 25 June, as a kickoff to this industry symposium event.
Three outstanding keynote presentations
Three notable guests have been invited to deliver keynote presentations. They include:
- J. Wesley Hines, Ph.D., Head of the Nuclear Engineering Department at the University of Tennessee. In his position, Dr. Hines teaches and conducts research in artificial intelligence and advanced statistical techniques applied to process diagnostics, condition-based maintenance and prognostics. He is particularly noted for contributing to the invention and development of reliability enhancing condition monitoring technologies.
- Joe Hoagland, Ph.D., Vice President of Enterprise Relations and Innovation at the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA). Dr. Hoagland is responsible for strategic engagement of stakeholders around TVA's energy resources, natural resource stewardship and other key issues. In addition, he directs TVA's strategy on technology innovation research, development and implementation to improve TVA's power system.
- Peter G. Martin, Ph.D., Vice President of Innovation and Marketing at Schneider Electric. Dr. Martin possesses 37 years of experience and expertise in industrial control and automation. He has authored numerous articles, technical papers and books, and holds multiple patents. He was named by: Fortune as a Hero of U.S. Manufacturing and ISA as one of the 50 Most Influential Innovators of All Time by InTech magazine.
An extensive technical conference program
Technical sessions will cover a range of topics and issues of vital interest to process automation and power-generation professionals. (Review them all on the conference website.) Among them are:
- MATS compliance
- Environmental controls
- Regulatory challenges
- Operational flexibility
- Load range extension and cycling
- ICS/SCADA security technologies/processes
- Monitoring and diagnostics
- Equipment development
- Human Factors Engineering
- Fleet management
- Nuclear plant operation
- New nuclear plants
- Renewable energy optimization
- Emerging technologies
Cutting-edge technical training
Two ISA-sponsored, technical training courses are offered on Monday, 25 June, prior to the conference as a kickoff to the event.
ES15C - Introduction to Boiler Control Systems
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
IC87C - CyberSensors: Advancements in Automation CyberPhysical Security
8 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Note: Training courses require a separate registration and fee. You can register directly on the event website atwww.isa.org/powid2018 or by contacting ISA Customer Service at +1 919-549-8411 or email@example.com.
Need help in approving your attendance?
Get the justification you need for a budget approval with our Conference Attendance Tookit. It presents the solid rationale and return-on-investment value your boss may need in order to authorize your attendance.
Exhibitor/sponsorship opportunities still available
ISA's POWID Symposium provides companies with the opportunity to meet face to face with industry decision-makers searching for solutions, products, services and partners. Connect with this prime audience of prospects, customers, buyers and influential leaders across the power-generation landscape. Download an exhibit/sponsorship prospectus and reserve your spot today.
Register today for this rewarding industry event
To register, and gain more information on the 2018 ISA Power Industry (POWID) Symposium, please visit www.isa.org/powid2018. For assistance and answers to any questions, contact ISA at +1 919-549-8411 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the ISA Analysis Division
The ISA Analysis Division aims to contribute to the professional involved in every aspect of process stream and laboratory methods of analysis, from theory and development to application, training, and calibration. The ISA Analysis Division facilitates program development, implementation and effectiveness through integrated planning, measurement, evaluation and interventions; and supports various specialties, including spectroscopy, chromatography, electrochemistry and sample handling. For more information, visit the ISA Analysis Division web page.
The International Society of Automation (www.isa.org) is a nonprofit professional association that sets the standard for those who apply engineering and technology to improve the management, safety, and cybersecurity of modern automation and control systems used across industry and critical infrastructure. Founded in 1945, ISA develops widely used global standards; certifies industry professionals; provides education and training; publishes books and technical articles; hosts conferences and exhibits; and provides networking and career development programs for its 40,000 members and 400,000 customers around the world.
ISA owns Automation.com, a leading online publisher of automation-related content, and is the founding sponsor of The Automation Federation (www.automationfederation.org), an association of non-profit organizations serving as "The Voice of Automation." Through a wholly owned subsidiary, ISA bridges the gap between standards and their implementation with the ISA Security Compliance Institute (www.isasecure.org) and the ISA Wireless Compliance Institute (www.isa100wci.org).